Here at Enabled by Design we want you to make yourself at home; come in, make a cup of tea and put your feet up!
We’re passionate about giving people the space and tools to share views, talk through ideas and find ways of making your day to day tasks so much easier. After all, it’s all about people powered products…
But first, here’s the boring bit, some ground rules just to get you started.
Welcome to Enabled by Design’s web platform AKA EbD’s website. Enabled by Design and its web platform will be referred to in these terms and conditions as “We”, “EbD’s website” and “Us”.
1. “You/Your” means You, the user, and “Users” means the users of EbD’s website collectively and/or individually as the context admits.
2. These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) apply to Your use of EbD’s website.
3. By using EbD’s website You agree to be bound by the Terms. If You do not agree with the Terms, please do not access, use and/or contribute to EbD’s website.
4. We insist that any use by You of EbD’s website shall be in accordance with the following conditions:
5. You must not:-
1. Upload, post or email any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. Harm minors in any way;
3. Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content;
4. ‘stalk’ or otherwise harass another;
5. collect or store personal data about other users;
6. upload, post or email any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
7. upload post or email any content that infringes any intellectual property rights of any party;
8. upload, post or email any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, or any other form of solicitation;
9. upload, post or email any content that contains computer viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
10. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the chat areas are able to type or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges; or
11. violate any applicable national or international laws or regulations.
6. You are legally responsible for material You post or submit and You understand that by doing so You intend it to be published on EbD’s website. Such material may include without limitation words, artwork, pictures (still or moving) and sound, and You acknowledge and agree that by posting materials on EbD’s website You grant to Us an irrevocable, perpetual royalty free worldwide licence to use the materials. The licence extends to copying, distributing, broadcasting, and otherwise transmitting and adapting and editing the materials.
7. You warrant that by publishing or posting material on EbD’s website You do not infringe the rights of any individual, corporation or organisation, including but not restricted to the owners of any copyright and other intellectual property, confidentiality or privacy right, and that you have obtained any necessary permissions.
8. You acknowledge that material which is posted on EbD’s website is written by Users and that We are not responsible for and give no endorsement of such material.
9. You further acknowledge that EbD’s website does not allow the posting of material anonymously. You understand that material which is posted on EbD’s website can be traced to You.
10. We reserve the right to monitor the contributions and may respond to or comment upon communications by You and edit, refuse to post or remove any content from EbD’s website in our absolute discretion. No failure to remove particular material constitutes an endorsement or acceptance of it by Us.
11. If You have any concerns over the content on EbD’s website, please register those concerns by contacting Us through leaving a comment anywhere on this site.
12. To the extent permitted by law, We make no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of EbD’s website or the accuracy, timing or reliability of any information or statements contained therein, or statements, advice and opinions given by Users on EbD’s website which are those of Users only. We neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of the same and We are not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided on EbD’s website. If You have any claim arising from the actions or statements of another User, You agree to pursue such claim only against that User and not against Us.
13. We do not warrant that functions available on EbD’s website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that EbD’s website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs, or is compatible with any other software or material. You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks to satisfy Your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
14. We may change the Terms from time to time and so You should check the Terms regularly. Your continued use of EbD’s website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms. If You do not agree to the changes, You should cease using EbD’s website.
15. Except for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Us, our servants, agents or employees, We shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without prejudice to the foregoing generality any lost business opportunities, loss of profit or goodwill) arising from or in any way connected with EbD’s website.
16. You agree to indemnify the Council and its employees against all claims, liabilities, damages, actions, proceedings, losses, expenses and costs (including legal fees) arising out of any breach of the Terms by You or from the publication of any posting or submission whatsoever contributed to EbD’s website by You or on Your behalf.
17. If any of the Terms are determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the application of any law, such provisions shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remaining Terms shall continue to have full force and effect.
18. The Terms are governed by English law and both You and Us hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.