Via @GeorgeJulian on Twitter:
One for @enabledby via @soundgirl64.
Carbon Black wheelchair designed by husband and wife team in Highlands.
Husband and wife team, Andrew and Mary Slorance, have designed and developed the Carbon Black wheelchair which was launched at last week’s Naidex South event. Inspired by Andrew’s experiences, having been a wheelchair user for 28 years, features of the Carbon Black wheelchair listed include:
- more person less wheelchair appearance
- made to measure
- ergonomic height adjustable backrest
- full carbon fibre construction total weight 7kg
- 3kg max part weight when dismantled
- lubricant free for clean low maintenance use
- forward illuminating LEDs
Although not a wheelchair user myself, this bit of kit certainly holds its own in the style stakes. Something that judges at Naidex South, Nikki Chapman and Matt Hampson, agree with having named the Carbon Black winner of this year’s Naidex South Style Award.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the Carbon Black wheelchair. Do you like the design? Would this work for you and why? Has anyone been lucky enough to take one for a test drive? If so, please do let us know. Thanks! : )